Our Journey

In 2015, we completed a journey between Orihuela court and London Royal Court of Justice on foot. 44 marathons in 44 days with the hope of raising awareness of parental child abduction and parental alienation and also, on a very personal level, to show my daughter that I would travel the world for
her.

http://walkacrossborders.blogspot.com/

On that occasion, we raised funds for the Reunite
International Child Abduction Centre Charity

This time, with our cycle, as well as having another attempt at raising awareness of these issues, we hope to help to raise funds for another charity Parental Alienation Awareness (1187738) who aim to raise awareness, educate, & campaign against this form of child abuse that needlessly disconnects children, parents, & their extended families.

This, many of you know, I can directly relate to...

We are hoping to raise £2000 to help with publishing and distribution costs in the production of parental alienation awareness brochures.

www.paawareness.co.uk

The link for donating to this charity is :

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tandemacrossborders-paa

I understand the covid situation has caused financial hardship for many.. Charities like this are also finding these times extremely testing.

If you cant help financially, thats ok. But could I ask that you share my JustGiving page link so others can help to support this worthy charity?

Thanks all xx


Friday 5 August 2022

15 Days until start

Thank you again to everybody who have given me so much support for  Tandem Across Borders - Spain to UK which starts in only 15 days.



Through my own personal experiences, I fully understand how much is drained from the finances of parents and families who are trying to reunite with their children through the court processes so please don't feel obligated to donating (although these donations ARE really appreciated for such a worthy charity)



This cycle is primarily about awareness of Parental Alienation & Parental Child Abduction so please keep sharing the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TandemAcrossBorders and ask people to LIKE and share.

I have also created a Blogger page what seems the easiest way to update everybody about the ride and allow me to post pictures and video etc once I start the journey.. (You can follow this blog by clicking the link https://tandemacrossborders.blogspot.com )

It means so much that so many people realise how much this means to me and the reasons why I am doing something so extreme as to cycle from Orihuela Costa, Spain to UK.



The support people have given has really opened my eyes to the TRUE friendships I have AND the closeness of family.

I also sincerely appreciate those who are cycling with me on parts of this journey. In particular, Mike Henstridge who is cycling the whole of Spain. He is also an affected parent and ex-police officer and is fully aware of how broken the family court system is through his own experiences.

7 years ago, I completed a similar journey on foot  https://walkacrossborders.blogspot.com for the Reunite International Child Abduction Centre charity (44 marathon distances in 44 days) and other events since



This time, the main charity supported is Parental Alienation Awareness (1187738)

The link for donating to this charity is :

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tandemacrossborders-paa

My objectives of Tandem Across Borders are:

1) To raise awareness of the issues surrounding parental child abduction and the impact on families and children

2) To raise awareness of parental alienation abuse and the impact on families and children including grandparents who are often forgotten about in these situations. Sadly, it is too late for my mother (my daughter's grandmother) as she sadly passed away shortly after I completed Walk Across Borders 7 years ago.



3) To raise awareness of the failures in family court and with authorities (social services, police, Cafcass) that seem to facilitate abduction, alienation and false allegations which are used as a heinous alienation tactic to remove target families completely from a child's life

4) To help the Parental Alientation Awareness UK charity (1187738) who NEED the additional resources to effectively support families and provide awareness/support materials to those families, authorities, educational establishments etc

5) TO SHOW THAT I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO REUNITE MY DAUGHTER WITH HER PATERNAL FAMILY. We love and miss her so much and I want her to know  that not a day goes by without her being on my mind.. I am so proud of her and love her wholeheartedly

We ARE one day closer to being reunited.

Thanks again all xx