Our Journey

In 2015, we completed a journey between Orihuela court and London Royal Court of Justice on foot. 44 marathons in 44 days with the hope of raising awareness of parental child abduction and parental alienation and also, on a very personal level, to show my daughter that I would travel the world for
her.

http://walkacrossborders.blogspot.com/

On that occasion, we raised funds for the Reunite
International Child Abduction Centre Charity

This time, with our cycle, as well as having another attempt at raising awareness of these issues, we hope to help to raise funds for another charity Parental Alienation Awareness (1187738) who aim to raise awareness, educate, & campaign against this form of child abuse that needlessly disconnects children, parents, & their extended families.

This, many of you know, I can directly relate to...

We are hoping to raise £2000 to help with publishing and distribution costs in the production of parental alienation awareness brochures.

www.paawareness.co.uk

The link for donating to this charity is :

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tandemacrossborders-paa

I understand the covid situation has caused financial hardship for many.. Charities like this are also finding these times extremely testing.

If you cant help financially, thats ok. But could I ask that you share my JustGiving page link so others can help to support this worthy charity?

Thanks all xx


Tuesday 9 August 2022

11 days to go!!! Getting close now!

11 days until we start!!
🚴🏼🚴🏼


Taking into consideration I'm a casual cyclist.. Not by any means an expert.. And getting on a bit in years, Tandem Across Borders will be a challenge. Its over 2700km in 21 days!!




I do keep fairly fit but this won't be easy..

Those who know me, know how stubborn I am though.. I dont give up on a challenge 😜 and I won't be told I can't do it.. It will be an experience..

Over the years I have met people affected by Parental Child Abduction/Parental Alienation and Reunite parents, who are amazing people.

One of these parents is Mike Henstridge who will be cycling the first 7 days with me... The whole of the stages in Spain

Many people I have met over the past decade are dedicated, loving parents who have been walked all over by the family court processes.

Some have suffered mental, financial and physical trauma through their experiences and in a couple of instances I know first hand, they not only felt forced to give up on seeing their children, they tragically gave up on life 😪 (Gautam... always remembered.. RIP)



Who is responsible for this?

It needs people to do something to raise awareness of these issues and not just give sympathy for these situations.

Everybody can do something but doing nothing achieves nothing..

Being a bystander achieves nothing other than empowering the failures in the family court system that have lead to the situation many families find themselves in today..

As part of this cycle, THIS is what I wish to raise awareness of.. If you don't understand how bad this is, then you are blessed.. I wish I didn't either...




One day closer xxx