Our Journey

In 2015, we completed a journey between Orihuela court and London Royal Court of Justice on foot. 44 marathons in 44 days with the hope of raising awareness of parental child abduction and parental alienation and also, on a very personal level, to show my daughter that I would travel the world for
her.

http://walkacrossborders.blogspot.com/

On that occasion, we raised funds for the Reunite
International Child Abduction Centre Charity

This time, with our cycle, as well as having another attempt at raising awareness of these issues, we hope to help to raise funds for another charity Parental Alienation Awareness (1187738) who aim to raise awareness, educate, & campaign against this form of child abuse that needlessly disconnects children, parents, & their extended families.

This, many of you know, I can directly relate to...

We are hoping to raise £2000 to help with publishing and distribution costs in the production of parental alienation awareness brochures.

www.paawareness.co.uk

The link for donating to this charity is :

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tandemacrossborders-paa

I understand the covid situation has caused financial hardship for many.. Charities like this are also finding these times extremely testing.

If you cant help financially, thats ok. But could I ask that you share my JustGiving page link so others can help to support this worthy charity?

Thanks all xx


Saturday 18 June 2022

Cycle a few km with me??

Just thought I would write a quick note about Tandem Across Borders - Spain to UK which I am due to start on 20th August

Tandem Across Borders Route

My route is on here but it is subject to slight change depending on what happens (eg.. might have to divert slightly to meet people and if any accomodation change is needed) but will stick to the plan as much as possible.

https://www.komoot.com/collection/1525131/-tandem-across-borders

Now... about the riders... Some people assumed that Michelle will be doing this with me. That is not the case. She will be supporting me in other ways and may be able to get to UK at the end but generally, she is not a main rider/stoker..

At the moment, this is how it stands... The first 7 days throughout the whole of Spain, I will be joined as co-rider by another parent who is affected by Parental Alienation, Mike Henstridge ..



https://www.facebook.com/groups/403924345072355/?ref=share

He will be leaving once we reach Perpignan in France..

From there I have no confirmed co-riders throughout France so as it stands, I will be cycling this part alone unless I gain volunteers beforehand or at the hostels I will be staying en route..

I arrive in UK on the evening of 5th September (Day 17) where I will be staying in Folkestone.

When in UK, I will be cycling to Chelsmford (Day 18 - 6th Sept).. Red Lodge, Suffolk (Day 19-7th Sept), Harlow (Day 20-8th Sept) and then on the final day (9th Sept), I will have other parents/supporters cycling with me (on the tandem) at different parts of the stage .. 

Alen and Natasha have confirmed so far... Others have shown interest but not confirmed...

We will be meeting at Royal Courts of Justice, London en route and then heading to Peacehaven where I complete the ride.. (over 2700km)



Now, as you know, I am supporting the Parental Alienation Awareness charity on this cycle who support parents and families affected by these extremely difficult situations as well as aiming to raise awareness of these issues.



I would love for other parents and/or supporters to join me on the tandem or ride alongside for ANY parts of the UK stages - Even if just a few km...

This ride is about parents, families AND children that are subjected to these behaviours and/or have been affected by Parental Child Abduction... It is not just about Aleyah and myself.. I know there are many affected parents on my contact list..

I would love for other parents and families to be involved in some way.. Please let me know if you would like to be involved...

The JustGiving link is:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tandemacrossborders-paa

My contact details are:

s.monkdalton@gmail.com

0034 622 925 754 (whatsapp)

Thanks all xx😍 🚴🏼🚴🏼